WINNING AND CLAIMING A PRIZE FROM WJOY:
– You must wait 90 days before trying to win a prize again.
– You have 30 days to claim your prize. If you do not claim it within 30 days, you forfeit.
– You must claim your prize in person and you will be asked to show ID and sign for it.
WJOY GENERAL CONTEST RULES:
1) Prizes must be picked up during regular business hours (Monday-Friday between 8:30am-4:00pm) at our studios on 70 Joy Drive, South Burlington, VT. Prizes are held for 30 days and no prizes will be mailed. Contest winners must wait 1 business day after winning before trying to claim their prize and must show identification to claim the prize.
2) Prizes for New York winners are claimed at Perrywinkles Fine Jewelry, 75 Smithfield Blvd., Plattsburgh and are available 5 business days after winning.
3) Prize winners must wait 90 days before attempting to win again. Persons deceiving Hall Communications in any way forfeit winnings.
4) Hall Communications reserves the right to limit each household to one qualifier per contest and make prize substitutions when necessary. Station management reserves the right to amend all contest rules at any time.
5) Hall Communications is not responsible if a listener is unable to get through on the telephone for a contest due to equipment malfunction, busy lines or otherwise. Anyone who calls a studio line or enters a contest automatically grants Hall Communications permission to record and use their name, character, photograph voice and/or likeness in connection with promotion of this or other contests and must waive any claim of royalty, rights or remuneration for such use.
6) You must be 12 years of age or older to participate in a contest, though some contests may have special age and other entry restrictions.
7) Winners of prizes valued at $600 or more must complete a federal income tax form when claiming their prize.
8) To be eligible to win prizes and/or participate in contests, including on-line contests, you must be a legal resident of Vermont or New York. Employees and immediate family members of Hall Communications employees, employees of competing radio stations and employees of participating contest sponsors are not eligible to win.
9) General Contest Rules and rules for specific contests are available on station web sites or in hard copy form at our studios during regular business hours or by sending a self-addressed-stamped envelope to 70 Joy Drive, South Burlington, VT.
The Breakfast Table Rules
Listeners to The Breakfast Table are invited to play along with a different game each morning (“That’s News To Me Monday”; “Trivial Trials Tuesday”; “Spin-Out Wednesday”; “Password Thursday”; and “Definition Friday”) to help complete a Vermont Lottery ticket (“Pick 3”, “Pick 4”, “Gimme 5” or “Powerball” or “Megamillions” when those lottery games go over $200-million dollars).
To play, listen to WJOY weekday mornings from 6am-to-10am. After the host poses the question to the audience, listeners are invited to call with a correct guess. The caller with the correct answer is invited on the air to talk with the host, present their answer, and contribute a number to that day’s lottery ticket. The WJOY host and/or first listener of the morning to participate will decide which lottery game will be played for the day. Once the lottery ticket has been filled, WJOY will purchase the ticket before that night’s drawing.
If the ticket wins under $20, the money goes back into “easy picks” for the same game on its next drawing. The listeners who completed that original ticket will be the only ones eligible for any additional winnings, either on that follow-up ticket or tickets that may follow.
If the ticket wins more than $20, the money is divided evenly among the listeners who participated, and mailed to the winners. Hall Communications reserves the right to have listeners pick-up their winnings at 70 Joy Drive in South Burlington if it so chooses.
If for any reason WJOY fails to purchase a lottery ticket before that night’s drawing (whether because of its own fault, or Vermont Lottery equipment failure at any of its agents), the station will attempt again to make a purchase on a following day. WJOY will not be responsible for any lost winnings.
In the case of major win (more than $599 per individual), the winning listeners will be mailed a W9 form at the end of the year to claim state and/or federal taxes.
The only listeners who can claim a share of any daily winnings are those who actively participated in that day’s on-air contest and were determined by the host to have the correct answer. Any listeners who called the radio station but had the incorrect answer to the question are not eligible to win any prize money. Employees of WJOY and Hall Communications are not eligible to win any prize money (regardless of whether they participated in helping form the winning lottery ticket).
All listeners must be 18 years of age or older to participate. Listeners may only participate once per week. Any listener who wins a portion of ticket winnings will be required to wait 90-days before winning another prize on WJOY. No purchase necessary. All other Hall Communications general contest rules apply.
The Spring Spruce Up Spectacular Contest Rules
During The Spring Spruce Up 4/17-5/7/23, listeners will have the chance to register to win one of 20 $100 gift certificates. Gift certificates are provided by the 10 sponsors of the Spring Spruce Up. Listeners can register to win at www.woko.com, www.wkol.com, www.wizn.com, www.wjoy.com or www.999thebuzz.com. 24 winners will be randomly chosen on Monday 5/8. Winners will be contacted via email and will be able to pick up their prize at 70 Joy Drive South Burlington Monday – Friday 8:30am-4pm. All General Hall Communications contest rules apply.